CenterPointe Church was birthed in the 1950's. But, we were not always known as CenterPointe Church. First Assembly of God was established and for many years was located on the corner of 7th and Fletcher Streets. Throughout those years in that location, the church made different transformations.
In 2011, a generous person donated a building on Veterans Avenue that would change and energize the congregation. The church sold the property on 7th Street, moved to 1616 Veterans Avenue, and began a remodeling project. In September of 2012, First Assembly of God became CenterPointe Church.
CenterPointe Church did not change beliefs but just its name in order to reflect the mission and vision Our church continues to be part of a larger fellowship of churches across the country and the world within the Assemblies of God USA and the Illinois District Council of the Assemblies of God (IDCAG).